Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Contributing

The economy only measures money. Our lives are much more than that. This Depression the world is going through is a good time to re-evaluate the parts of our lives that are so much more than what money measures.

There are many things we can do to help both ourselves and those around us get through these tough times. We all have useful skills. We are also very creative and inventive. Among other things, I knit and crochet. I donate much of what I make to various charities. I also donate yarn and other supplies to places that make things and teach crafting skills.

My family is still in a position where we can donate to food shelves. We do that a couple of times a year. Even when it is only an item or two, the donation helps. We will also donate toiletries, kleenex, paper towels and such. Even pets need food.

Get creative and help others. It will also make you feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment