Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Knit half moon shawl

I am drawing my inspiration from the pattern located here:

http://monstercrochet.blogspot.com/2008/03/free-pattern-knitted-half-round-shawl.html

I am going for a smaller shawl with a more gently rounded look. I did experiement with different numbers of stitches in the pattern row. I was not happy with what I ended up with.

Now I am experimenting with how often I repeat the increase row that is in this pattern. I am also experimenting with starting mine with 4 cast on stitches as opposed to 8 cast on stitches. I am following LadyLinoleum's pattern in one of the shawls I am making so I can compare. I doubt I will go to 320 stitches though. With my gauge and that size knitting needle, I would end up with a half diameter of between 80 and 100 inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment